Buying a good quality night cream can burn a hole in your pocket. It is difficult to find a single night cream that offers complete nurturing. Some creams give skin whitening benefits, some creams lessen aging effects, while some cure dark circles. But to find one product that does it all can be a battle.
But do you need to buy a dozen night creams for an all round care? Not at all! If you go through the ingredients list of your night cream, you will come across some similar names, such as vitamin E, aloe vera, squalene, glycerine etc. You can find all these ingredients in your kitchen!
You can store the homemade night creams for long. You can even change the ingredients to suit your skin type. Not to forget, homemade night creams are pocket-friendly too.
Here are 10 homemade night cream recipes that are easy to try. Let’s learn the process:
1. Moisturizing Olive Oil Night Cream:
Olive oil is the main ingredient in this homemade cream. It locks the moisture of the skin. The other active ingredient is coconut oil. It adds to both the health and the beauty of your skin. Vitamin E in this night cream repairs and protects the skin.
- Half cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spoon coconut oil
- 1 spoon beeswax
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- Mix olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax together in a saucepan on low heat until it is melted.
- Crush the vitamin E capsules and add to the saucepan. Allow it to cool.
- Store the cream in a container in room temperature. You can use this for 2-3 months.