Do you want to gain lean muscle? Do you feel extremely hungry after your workout session? Then, instead of protein powders, try homemade protein shakes.
Protein shakes work wonders when it comes to reducing your hunger post-workout and gaining lean muscle and can help replace meals in a pinch. These homemade protein shakes are made with natural ingredients and taste way better than the commercial protein powders. Swipe up for the protein shake recipes.
15 Healthy DIY Protein Shake Recipes
1. Chocolate Protein Shake (Protein – 23.6 g)
This protein shake is ideal for all bitter chocolate lovers. It tastes sweet (but not too sweet) and is aromatic and an instant mood booster. The ingredients make it a good source of protein as well.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon grated dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 pitted dates
How To Prepare
- Toss the chopped apple, pitted dates, milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, and almond butter into a blender. Whiz it.
- Pour the thick smoothie into a glass and garnish with grated dark chocolate.