Ginger is an amazing spice that has great medicinal properties and also is great for hair and skin. We all know how effective ginger is when it comes to cold and cough, acne, skin inflammation, dandruff, hair fall etc. Using fresh ginger can sometimes get messy and definitely requires time. If you are someone who wants to go natural but refrain from grating or cutting fresh ginger, ginger essential oil can be your friend! Its super easy to use and is quite potent! Below are benefits of ginger essential oil along with ways to use it-
- Has anti- inflammatory and anti-microbial
- Helps ward off dandruff due to fungus. Improves
circulation to the scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Increases circulation, makes skin elastic and
helps prevent and reduce cellulite.
- Has anti-acne, pore-unclogging properties. Great
for problematic skin. Ginger contains powerful antiseptic properties, that
prevents acne formation by actively inhibiting bacteria on the skin’s surface
and deep inside the pores.
- Helps lighten scars and spots on skin, lightens
stretch marks and cellulite marks gradually.
- Balances the melanin production and also evens
out skin tone.
- Anti-aging and anti-pigmentation nature of
ginger enables it to combat pigmentation by preventing and easing the
WAYS TO USE GINGER
- Add few drops of ginger oil to your face wash or face scrub.
- Use it in your homemade skin care recipes.
- To make ginger skin gel, simply add few drops ginger essential oil in 2 tablespoons commercial aloe gel and mix it until well-emulsified. Apply on facial skin before bedtime.
- Mix 15 drops of ginger oil with 1/4 cup of almond oil. Massage oil on the cellulite before going to bed. READ MORE – HEALTHY” morning drink- ginger skin clearing tea>
- To make anti-inflammatory and anti-acne facial mist, simply add 10 drops ginger oil to ½ cup witch hazel and 1 cup rose water. Transfer to a spray bottle and shake well before misting.
- Add few drops in Epsom salt and use it as a detox bath soak.
- Add few drops of ginger oil to your shampoo or scalp scrub.
- Use it in your homemade hair care recipes.
- In a jar, add 1 cup liquid castile soap and 1 cup filtered water. Add in 20 drops ginger oil and 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil. Transfer to a pump bottle and use it as a shampoo. READ MORE – GINGER” dry shampoo for hair growth>
- To make anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff hair and scalp mist, simply add 10 drops ginger oil to ½ cup witch hazel and 1 cup rose water. Transfer to a spray bottle and shake well before misting. Use it after or before shampooing.
- Add 10 drops ginger oil to 1/3 cup coconut oil and use it as a pre-shampoo hair oil.
Add 10-12 drops ginger essential oil to 150 ml spray bottle filled with water. Shake to mix well. Use this as your air purifier to keep the home free from viruses and bacteria.