Romantic, messy, or boho – the side braid is not only timeless and beautiful but also very versatile.
And, when I say versatile, I mean you can try a new side braid hairstyle literally every day of the week. Imagine adding elegant side fishtail braids to a romantic curly updo! It ups your hair game to a hundred. Side braids are all the rage right now. They can be stunning hairstyles on their own, or you can use side braids to add an intricately woven touch to your updo or half updo.
Weaved in? Good! So, let’s check out how to do a basic side braid. Swipe up!
How To Do A Side Braid
Side braids are easy to accomplish. Here is how you can do a messy fishtail side braid.
What You Need
- Elastic band
- Curling iron
How To Do
- Brush all your hair to one side after removing all knots and tangles.
- Divide your hair into two sections.
- Take some hair from the bottom of one section and merge it with the top of the other section.
- Do the same with the second section of hair.
- Continue weaving the braid by doing steps 3 and 4 alternately.
- Since we’re going for a messy side braid, braid your hair loosely and let some strands fall freely.
- Use an elastic band to secure the end of the braid.
- Pancake the braid to add to its overall appeal.
- You can curl the loose strands of hair and the ends of the braid to add a romantic vibe to this hairstyle.
Now that you know how to braid your hair in a regular side braid, check out my list of the top 30 side braids to find your dream weave.
[ Read: 40″ braided hairstyles for long hair> ]