Magic. That’s the only word that comes to mind when I behold a stunning Indian dulhan (bride). Decked in a lehenga and ghoongat, and her hands and feet adorned with intricate mehendi (henna), there is no denying that the traditional Indian dulhan is the most beautiful bride in the world.
Two things that every bride-to-be frets over are hair and makeup. When it comes to wedding day hair, there is such a wide variety of options that one tends to get overwhelmed. Should I leave my hair open? Or should I go for an elegant updo? Will my hair get messed up if I leave it loose? How will it look in the photographs? These are a few of the many questions that brides worry about when they are deciding on their wedding look. Well, I’m here to relieve some of that tension! I have compiled our top 40 picks of Indian bridal hairstyles that you can peruse at your pleasure before making your decision. So let’s get right into it!
40 Best Indian Bridal Hairstyles
1. Criss Cross Flower Accented Bun
When it comes to a traditional Indian wedding, you can never go wrong with a simple and sleek bun. This elegant donut bun style is perfect to be worn under a ghungat because it will keep your hair neatly in place. The simple individual flowers add a touch of prettiness to the look.
What You Need
- Wide-toothed comb
- Smoothening serum
- Fine-toothed comb
- Hair elastic
- Hair donut (big)
- U pins
- Small flowers
- Strong hold hairspray
How To Style
- Remove all the knots and tangles from your hair with the help of a wide-toothed comb.
- Apply some smoothening serum to get rid of any frizz.
- Partition off two 2 inch sections of hair from near your left and right temples.
- Comb back the rest of your hair with a fine-toothed comb and tie it into a ponytail a couple of inches above the nape of your neck.
- Insert the very end of your ponytail into the hair donut.
- Start rolling the hair donut up the length of your ponytail while wrapping your hair around it.
- Make sure you keep spreading the hair from your ponytail evenly around the donut, so that by the time it reaches the base of your ponytail, it is completely hidden from view.
- When your donut has reached the very top of your ponytail, secure it to your head with the help of U pins.
- Now, take the left section of hair that you had left out earlier, cross it over the top of the bun, and pin it under your bun on the right.
- Repeat the previous step with the right section of hair.
- Insert 4-5 flowers on one side of your bun with the help of bobby pins.
- Finish off with a few spritzes of strong hold hairspray to set the style in place.